Caribbean Youth Empowerment
BELfund’s CYEP Entrepreneurship Project
- Are you interested in starting your own business?
- Are you aged 18-25 years?
- Did you complete your primary school education?
- Are you having difficulty accessing credit?
- READ ON AND SEE HOW THE BELFUND’S CYEP ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROJECT CAN HELP YOU!
BELfund’s CYEP Entrepreneurship Project is funded in part by the United States Agency for International Department (USAID) and is administered and co-financed by the International Youth Foundation (IYF).
BELfund’s CYEP Entrepreneurship Project targets youth between the ages of 18 – 25 years who are considered to be vulnerable because of low income and unemployment or under-employment. Priority will be given to youth who are:
- From Rural Areas
- Single mothers who have little or no means of supporting themselves and their dependents and/or are dependent on others for their survival and the survival of their children and
- Youth who have a previous court record
Applicants must have a minimum education level of primary school (grade 6) and a maximum level of secondary school (form 5).
The training component of this project will take a holistic approach to enterprise development and will emphasize the provision of micro-credit as part of an integrated package. Also included is training in Life Skills, Information Technology, Small Business Management Training and Business Plan Development.
Business support services will be offered to youth with approved business plans to access financing, start their businesses and contribute to their businesses viability. These business support services provide the much needed hand-holding support to loan beneficiaries.
Access to Finance
Lack of collateral makes it very challenging for young people to access credit, particularly from commercial lenders. BELfund’s loan program specifically designed for vulnerable youth is a significant benefit for youth entrepreneurs in this project. Loan assistance packages range from EC$500.00 up to EC$30,000.00.
If you are interested in joining BELfund’s CYEP Entrepreneurship Project, click here to download the Application Form and submit it at our office in Sans Souci Castries. We are located on the ground floor of the Labour Department Building. For more information, telephone us at (758) 451 6069.